Too often relationship issues can cause irreparable breakdowns, but studies show counselling can help an average of 70% of couples.
Whether it’s a spouse, partner, family, friend or workplace relationship, it’s important to understand that everyone thinks and behaves differently to situations. What helps us co-exist harmoniously is our ability to understand the other person and find ways to overcome differences of opinion.
Relationship counselling and couples counselling work best with both people committed to improving the relationship, but you can also benefit from having individual counselling. Relationship counselling is suitable for all couples whether you are married or living together.
Relationship counselling I can assist with:
- Improving your communication
- Helping to resolve conflict issues
- Dealing with parenting issues
- Dealing with money issues
- Feeling neglected in the relationship
- Dealing with the effects from childhood issues or other unresolved issues
- A lack of intimacy
- Feeling detached from the relationship – feeling alone or feeling more like flatmates
- Stage of life challenges eg becoming new parents, retiring, illness
- Dealing with each other amicably if going through a separation or divorce
- Just generally keeping your relationship on track
Your relationship is very important and acknowledging that you are having issues can be difficult. Seeking professional help from a counsellor can help improve your relationship but if the relationship cannot be maintained, a counsellor can help you both separate in an amicable manner. It is often better to get relationship counselling first than to end the relationship.
Relationship counselling sessions are a place where you can be open and honest with yourself and your partner. I will not take sides but will remain impartial and will listen to both your concerns in a non-judgemental, confidential manner.
If you are struggling with your relationship and need to speak to someone to get your relationship back on track, contact me to book an appointment.
I'm here to listen. Feel free to contact me anytime.